Book Club: Racism Edition - The Good Immigrant by Nikesh Shukla (1)
Time & Location
About the Event
We here at Dversty are really excited to be launching our book club. Our book club will be based around better understanding what racism is and how we can become more self-aware in a safe space with a community of allies striving for the same goal.Our first book will be: The Good Immigrant Nikesh Shukla
- The book club will run for 7 weeks, starting the 21st October 2020.
- This will be every Wednesday at 5:30pm and last 1 hour.
- The format will ensure that we create a safe environment conducive for learning and understanding.
- The members will stay consistent throughout the period to ensure foundations and rapport is built and sustained (but don't worry if you need to miss 1 session).
- The chapters to be covered each week will be advised once your place is confirmed, you can read the chapters in advance, or just listen to the recap and discussion at the club.
- The first few sessions will be hosted by the Dversty team, but as the weeks go on we'll open it up for others to lead some or all of the session if they would like to.
We are operating a 'pay what you feel and when you feel' system. If you wish to pay any amount, please use the paypal link, if you wish!
If you need any financial assistance with the book, drop us a note.
How the idea was formed:
Two of the Dversty team had read 'Why I'm No Longer Talking To White People About Race' and as people from different races and perspectives we were both really interested in the other's thoughts. We had a lengthy phone call and after discussions with others, we thought other people may want to have the opportunity to share and gain perspective.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, please sign up or get in touch.
We would love to have you on this journey with us.